The Ministry of Human Resource Development launched in December, 2002 the “Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of Government of India (TEQIP)” which aims to upscale and support ongoing efforts in improving quality of technical education and enhancing existing capacities of the institutions to become dynamic, demand-driven, quality conscious, efficient and forward looking, responsive to rapid economic and technological developments occurring both at national and international levels. The Programme was conceived and designed as a long term project to be implemented in 10-12 years in 3 phases to support excellence and transformation in Technical Education in the country.
Nodal Officers of TEQIP-III
1. Prof. (Dr.) Goutam Sutradhar - Institutional Project Director (IPD)
Director NIT Manipur.
2. Dr. Chandi Charan Malakar - TEQIP Coordinator (TC)
Asst. Prof. & Assoc. Dean (RC)
3. Dr. Anil Kumar Birru - TEQIP Co-Coordinator (TCC)
Asst.Prof. & HoD ME.
4. Dr. Mithun Roy - Nodal Officer (Academics)
5.Dr. Sanasam Surrendra Singh - Nodal Officer (Finance)
Asst. Prof. Mathematics
6. Dr. Sagolsem Lenin Singh - Nodal Officer (Procurement)
Asst. Prof. Physics